Friday, July 15, 2011

George W Bush Decision Points

How fascinating it is to look through the array of top best selling books and find the George W Bush story Decision Points at the top with 4 stars.

Looking through the 363 comments made by purchasers my fascination lay in between the 5 star and then the 1 star comments and like chalk and cheese these comments certainly came from each end of the spectrum.

From the 5 stars it was mostly "he did a good job and I had the wrong impression of him" but the 1 star people had the opinion of he was just as bad as they thought he was, shallow, self ingratiating and basically a lying sod. WOW!

Love him or loathe him or anywhere in between this is a book that will create a storm of interest and divided loyalties as to whether his time as President was really a God send or a total farce by his self serving interests being so well rewarded.

His actions in sending America to war over misinformation seem to be worthy or glossed over depending on where you stand on the scale of stars, and his religious pursuits are bordering on zealot or a great insight into why the man turned to God to change his life and totally turn it around by helping him to give up alcohol and women and make him the all time "good" person, again using the same scale.

I personally, wouldn't find this worth the time it would take to read it until I went in and read these reviews but now I will be buying my copy and making my own judgment call as to whether I'm a 1 star disbeliever or a 5 star he's the greatest President ever, or maybe only a 2.5 star fence sitter. Very interesting indeed and now I feel it will be worth the time I spend reading it to see just how I feel and where I'll be on the rating scale.

As well as George W Bush there were several other books of interest that people had left reviews on like The Confession by John Gresham that had 284 comments but it only had 3.5 stars whilst that old knock about rocker Keith Richards book Life got 150 comments and yet had 4.5 stars. However the one I found to be an interesting study was Alex Details Revolution by Darren Campo that even though it had 5 stars was only worthy of 13 comments, go figure that one.

This site invites you to find books of enjoyment to stimulate, inform or just for fun and entertainment as I'm sure there will be something for you here. I hope you enjoy coming back time and again to see what new titles are available to you for your reading pleasure.

Maureen Dee

http://www.best-gifts-for-you.com/


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment